81: Channels of Control
August 17th, 2012
2 hrs 3 mins 18 secs
About this Episode
John Siracusa and Dan Benjamin discuss the latest round of Twitter API changes that further marginalize third-party "traditional" Twitter client applications, with the inevitable follow up about App.Net, the nascent Twitter-like service that takes money directly from its users, rather than selling access to its users to advertisers.
Links for this episode:
- Changes coming in Version 1.1 of the Twitter API - dev.twitter.com
- Display Guidelines - dev.twitter.com
- Delivering a consistent Twitter experience - dev.twitter.com
- Twitter hands down new, strict rules for third-party developers - Macworld
- The Princess Bride (1987) - Memorable quotes
- siracusa on App.net
- dan on App.net
- jkottke's "Twitter is Vader" tweet
Sponsored by Hover (use coupon DANSENTME for 10% off), Squarespace (use coupon DANSENTME8 for 10% off), and HelpSpot (use coupon 5BY5 for $100 off).