12: Nothing Is So Perfect
April 1st, 2011
1 hr 12 mins 25 secs
About this Episode
John Siracusa and Dan Benjamin turn a critical eye towards last week's episode on criticism, then try to pick the single biggest challenge facing three different wildly successful companies: Google, Facebook, and yes…Pixar.
Links for this episode:
- Sexual Harassment and You - SNL skit, 2005
- "What company derives 96 percent of its revenue from advertising?"
- Horace Dediu's tweet about Pixar and Apple
- Ed Catmull on Pixar and success - It's long, but really, really worth watching
- Hayao Miyazaki - Wikipedia
- John Lasseter - Wikipedia
- Edwin Catmull - Wikipedia
- "Monkey Mind" - Wikipedia
- If you're not paying for it, you are the product being sold - MetaFilter
Sponsored by Sound Studio 4 and Worldview.