John Siracusa and Dan Benjamin follow up on Apple's slippery little devices and Apple's mapping woes, then discuss the new iPod touch and iPod nano. John's hypothetical Ferrari is briefly mentioned.
Links for this episode:
- iPod touch - Apple.com
- iPod nano - Apple.com
- A letter from Tim Cook on Maps - Apple.com
- Lightning connector, disassembled - iFixit.com
- iPhone 5 Teardown, connector portion - iFixit.com
- Acer AZ3731-UR21P, with PS/2 ports - Amazon.com
- Close-up picture of those Acer PS/2 ports
- iPhone 5 wall charger vs. earlier model
- How Google Builds Its Maps—and What It Means for the Future of Everything - The Atlantic
- Merlin's Tweet: "You’re dead to me, Dan. DEAD."
- Merlin's Tweet: "He USED to have a web site…"
- Speaking for Yourself - Merlin Mann
- PC System Design Guide - Wikipedia