John Siracusa and Dan Benjamin discuss the OUYA Android-based TV gaming console Kickstarter project, the unprecedented Penny Arcade Kickstarter project to remove ads from its web site for a year, and the Kickstarter phenomenon itself. Also, check the show notes to find a poll about doing an episode all about the PlayStation 3 game Journey.
Links for this episode:
- The reality of the OUYA console doesn’t match the hype: why you should be skeptical - The PA Report
- Tweet from Minecraft creator Markus Persson about Minecraft on OUYA
- Penny Arcade's Kickstarter
- Community Guidelines - Kickstarter
- Penny Arcade's comic for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Poll: Journey on Hypercritical?
- At $152 in cost, Google’s Nexus 7 leads way for cheaper tablets - Mobile Technology News
- Hypercritical duration trend (scatter plot)
- Hypercritical duration spreadsheet
- The Pipeline #30: Markus "Notch" Persson
- Hypercritical Length - 2000 Nickels
- OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console - Kickstarter